The following terms of service (these "Terms of Service"), govern your access to and use of the Skillcoup website, including any content, functionality and services offered on or through www.skillcoup.com.
This Site is offered and available to users who are (13) years of age or older. If you are under (13) you may not use this Site or the Skillcoup services. By using this Site, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the Site.
Any use of Fraud Profiles or use of fraud or fake documents will result in debarring of accounts by Skillcoup.
Our Customer Support team is available 24/7 if you have any questions regarding the Site or Terms of Service. Contacting our Customer Support team can be performed by submitting a request at costumer support.
The original language of these Terms of Service, as well as all other texts throughout the Site, is English. Skillcoup makes available this translation for convenience only. In case of conflicts between the original English version and any translation, the English version shall prevail.
• Once Order is confirmed payment is to be done immediately, if the Order is cancelled afterwards, the Client will get refund according to the work not done by the Freelancer.
• Skillcoup will hold the Order Price during the Active Order period (after the Client hires a Freelancer and Freelancer Deliver the work assigned to him).
• Freelancer will receive the payment once the Order is marked Complete.
• An Order is marked as Complete after it is marked as Delivered and then accepted by a Client. An Order will be automatically marked as Complete if not accepted within 3 days after the Order was marked as Delivered.
• We encourage our Clients and Freelancer to try and settle conflicts amongst themselves. Users can contact Skillcoup's Customer Support department for assistance.
• When a Client places an Order, the Freelancer is notified by email as well as notifications on the site while logged into the account.
• The Client has to pay a sum of Order Price + 7%(Service Charge) of the Order Price to Skillcoup.
• A sum of 10% will be deduced from the Order Price, this will be called as Final Sum, this Final Sum will be received by the freelancer after the order is completed.
• Freelancers are required to meet the delivery time they specified when finalising the Order taken from the Client. Failing to do so will allow the Client to cancel the Order when an Order is marked as late, it may harm the Freelancer's Review and Feedback status.
• Users are responsible for scanning all transferred files for viruses and malware. Skillcoup will not be held responsible for any damages which might occur due to site usage, use of content or files transferred.
• Client may contact the Freelancer when an Order is marked as Delivered and the delivered materials do not match the requirements sent to the freelancer at the beginning of the order process.
• Feedback reviews provided by Clients while completing an Order are an essential part of Skillcoup's rating system. Reviews demonstrate the Clients' overall experience with the Freelancer and their service. Clients are encouraged to communicate to the Freelancers through us if any concerns experienced during their active order in regards to the service provided by the Freelancer.
• Prevent any misuse of our Feedback system, Purchases arranged, determined to artificially enhance Freelancer’s ratings, or to abuse the Skillcoup platform with purchases from additional accounts, will result in a permanent suspension of all related accounts.
• Feedback comments given by clients are publicly displayed on a Freelancer’s Profile page.
• Responding and posting a review: Once work is delivered, the Client has three days to respond. If no response is provided within the response period, the Order will be considered completed.
• Users are allowed to leave reviews on Orders up to 10 days after an Order is marked as complete. No new reviews may be added to an Order after 10 days.
We encourage our Clients and Freelancers to try and settle conflicts amongst themselves.
• Order cancellations can be performed on Skillcoup, when eligible, by Customer Support.
• Skillcoup is not responsible for any order cancellation occurred due to Client and Freelancer Disputes. In such case of cancellation Skillcoup will retain the commission fee from both Client as well as freelancer and the Freelancer will receive payment according the amount of work done till the date of cancellation, the remaining amount will be refunded to the Client.
• Filing a transaction dispute or reversing a payment through your payment provider or your bank is a violation of these Terms ofvService. Doing so may get your account temporarily or permanently disabled.
Note: once you have filed a dispute with your payment provider, the funds will be ineligible for a refund due to our obligations towards the payment provider.
• Skillcoup, through its Payment Services Providers, reserves the right to cancel orders or place funds on hold for any suspected fraudulent transactions made on the Site.
• Skillcoup encourages Clients and Freelancers to resolve service disputes mutually.
• Eligibility for requests to Skillcoup to cancel an order will be assessed by our Customer Support team based on a number of factors,including violations of our Terms of Service and/or our Community Standards, general misconduct, and improper usage of the Skillcoup delivery system.
• Skillcoup Customer Support will cancel orders based on, but not limited to, the following reasons :
o Active Orders (after the Client submits their requirements and before the Seller delivers on Skillcoup)
▪ The Freelancer is late and unresponsive for more than 24 hours while the order is marked as Late.
▪ Users are abusive towards the other party through threats of low ratings or leveraging order materials (such as logins, personal information) against each other.
▪ Users supplied or included copyright/trademark infringing materials as part of the Client requirements or the Freelancer’s delivery.
▪ The user is no longer an active Skillcoup user due to Terms of Service violations or closure of their account.
o Delivered Orders (after the Freelancer clicks Deliver Now and before the order is marked as complete)
▪ The Freelancer delivers no files and/or proof of work related to the agreed upon order requirements.
▪ The Freelancer is withholding the final delivery of services for improved ratings.
▪ Clients who threaten to leave a damaging review to gain more services from the Freelancer not related to requirements.
• Skillcoup does not automatically refund total payments made for cancelled orders back to your payment provider.
• In case of cancellation of order after the Client has Hired the Freelancer and has contacted him/her. Skillcoup will retain the Extra 7% of the Order Price from the Client as well as 10% of the Order Price from the Freelancer as “Skillcoup Service charge”. The Client will receive refund according to the Work not done by the Freelancer till that date. Hence the Freelancer will get the Payment according to the amount of work done till that date.